The Columbia College Travel Award for Presenters provides a small amount of funding to Columbia College students who have had their research accepted for presentation at a conference or research meeting. The average amount awarded is no greater than $250 and, if special permission is given, will not exceed $500. All funds are provided on a reimbursement basis. The process for requesting funds is as follows:
- Download the Columbia College Travel Award for Presenters Application.
- Submit completed form to Jessica Cubas in 202 Hamilton Hall.
- Students with approved applications will receive a notification from Academic Affairs. This notification will confirm the awarded amount and contain detailed instructions on how to submit expenses for reimbursement.
- Please note that if you submit receipts more than 120 days after the expenses occurred, your reimbursement will be both delayed and taxed. It is important, therefore, to submit your reimbursement requests promptly. You may submit multiple requests.
DEADLINES BY SEMESTER
- Deadline to apply for funding: November 15
- Students must submit all reimbursement forms and receipts by: December 1
- Deadline to apply for funding: March 15
- Students must submit all reimbursement forms and receipts by: May 1