Once you have found some fellowships you want to apply to, you will need to allow for plenty of time since applying takes many steps. Preliminary steps include:
- researching the fellowship in depth;
- deciding what your goals are for the fellowship;
- seeking advice from faculty and OGP advisers; and
- talking with faculty about letters of recommendation.
You will then need to craft your unique candidacy for the fellowship. The next steps involve a good deal thinking and writing about yourself, your interests, and your plans. Applications typically include:
- Personal statement
- Research proposal
- Letters of recommendation
In later stages, you might also have an interview as fellowship committees make their final decisions.
Each application process is different. OGP advisers are here to support you every step of the way.