During the summer, attend Hebrew University to study Biblical Hebrew, Modern Hebrew or Arabic. Various levels are available, based on your knowledge of the language. Throughout the summer, you live in university housing on campus.
You have the option of taking Hebrew or Arabic during the program in beginning and intermediate levels.
- The Biblical Hebrew program offers you a unique academic experience of Biblical Hebrew study in the land where the Hebrew Bible was written. The Rothberg International School offers a summer course in the elementary level.
- The Arabic program is based on the principle of total immersion. The six-week course combines intensive classes in both Colloquial Arabic and Modern Standard Arabic and is available at various levels.
- Modern Hebrew is taught at all levels.
Throughout the summer, you live on campus in university housing and are surrounded by other international students as well as local Israelis that are studying at the university for the summer.
Review eligibility to ensure that you meet all Columbia requirements to study abroad.
Review the external program webpage to understand any additional program prerequisites.
To apply, you must complete the two steps below. Deadlines vary and some applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Therefore, you should complete the steps below simultaneously:
- To apply for Columbia clearance (approval) to study abroad, click on "Start Your Application" on this webpage. Clearance applications are approved by the OGP on a rolling basis until the application deadline listed on this webpage.
- To apply for program admission, complete an external application directly on the program webpage. Note that this deadline may be in advance of the Columbia clearance deadline.