The program offers Biblical Hebrew, Modern Hebrew and Arabic at several levels. Students live in dormitories on campus.
Students have the option of taking Hebrew or Arabic during the program in beginning and intermediate levels.
- The Biblical Hebrew program offers students a unique academic experience of Biblical Hebrew study in the land where the Hebrew Bible was written. The Rothberg International School offers a summer course in the elementary level.
- The Arabic program is based on the principle of total immersion. The six-week course combines intensive classes in both colloquial Arabic and Modern Standard Arabic.
- Modern Hebrew is taught at all levels.
Students live on campus in dormitories.
Review eligibility to ensure that you meet all Columbia requirements to study abroad.
Review the external program webpage to understand any additional program prerequisites.
To apply, you must complete the two steps below. Deadlines vary and some applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Therefore, you should complete the steps below simultaneously:
- To apply for Columbia clearance (approval) to study abroad, click on "Start Your Application" on this webpage. Clearance applications are approved by the OGP on a rolling basis until the application deadline listed on this webpage.
- To apply for program admission, complete an external application directly on the program webpage. Note that this deadline may be in advance of the Columbia clearance deadline.