The Office of Global Programs and Fellowships works with current students and recent alumni/ae of Columbia College, Columbia Engineering and the School of General Studies to help them explore and apply for national and international fellowships. We administer the campus application process for many external fellowships and for Columbia-specific undergraduate and postgraduate fellowships.
Faculty members play key roles in the fellowship process. You can:
- advise applicants about research projects and postgraduate plans;
- express your support by writing letters of recommendation;
- refer promising students to our office;
- serve on selection or nomination committees;
- take part in mock interview panels to help students prepare.
Please explore the links provided to learn more, and feel free to be in touch with our office.
No matter the eventual result, students reap benefits from the fellowship application process, due in large part to the engagement it encourages between students and faculty.